Monday, August 10, 2026

Huge Hug Hugh An Zen: “ii’s” in the Sky Twin Son

Given the “goatee” theme of my previous post, I’m reminded of the only person I know who regularly sported a goatee, one of my best friends son, Hugh Thompson.  Such a remarkable person, that I wrote a post about Hugh in my earlier Toumai blog (see  excerpt from the post below).  I find it meaningful that the post speaks about Hugh’s involvement at the time, with the building of the largest “eye in the sky”— telescope— the  TMT (Thirty Meter Telescope) ... the "eyeball building" pictured on right 

is what it is destined to look like.   

Sadly, Hugh (January 31, 1972– May 7, 2021) passed away 5 years ago: 

A great loss.  His surname “Thompson” in origins means “Thomas Son… Twin Son”

Excerpt from my Toumai blog: 

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Canada and USA Face Off (UPDATE)

This goatee/long hair sporting fellow is Hugh,  the youngest son of my friend Jia Tsu 
Thomposon.   Hugh is an interesting person with a background in Astronomy and 
engineering physics.  Today he's part of a team working to build the world's largest 
telescope-- TMT (Thirty Meter Telescope) ... the "eyeball building" pictured on right 
is what it is destined to look like.   

No comments:

Post a Comment